This course is an introduction to the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to work in a variety of settings as a peer mentor. You will learn both about the role of a peer mentor and how to put your new skills into practice.
This is a knowledge-only qualification. You do not need to be working or undertaking practical placements to take this qualification.
We recommend you are working at Entry level 3 or above in English and maths.
This qualification is ideal for you if you have little or no experience of working in peer mentoring but would like to develop these skills to support you in your career or voluntary role.
When will I attend?
You will attend a livestreamed online session with one of our tutors every Friday, from 12pm - 3pm, starting 07/01/2022 with a planned end date of 01/04/2022.
You will learn to :
- Understand the peer mentor role
- Understand the purpose and benefits of peer mentoring
- Understand good practice in peer mentoring
- Carry out own role as a peer mentor
- Evaluate your own performance as a peer mentor
- Understand your progression opportunities
TO ENROL FOR THIS COURSE:
Please click the How to Enrol button above
Or, call our friendly and dedicated Admissions Team on 01353 613013