Our Award in Counselling Skills course will give you an introduction to Counselling Skills, especially in the preparation for further learning or training. You will be able to develop your listening skills and garner a better understanding of ethics.
We recommend you have Maths and English at Entry Level 3 or higher.
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at beginners with an interest in working in counselling or those wishing to develop their skills to progress their career.
What can I expect to learn?
You will learn what it might be like to work in the care sector. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Know how counselling can help people and the issues for which people may seek counselling
- Understand and apply the skills used by counsellors
- Understand the importance of empathy and self-knowledge
- Observe boundaries when using counselling skill
- Know progression opportunities
TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR THIS COURSE:
Call our friendly and dedicated Admissions Team on 01353 613013